Max’s surgery went great! Dr. Lewis gave a full report and said his heart and lungs did very well the whole time. They took skin from his thighs to put on his neck, chest, arms, and hands. With the skin grafts in place, Max’s body can now take on the task of recovering and healing!
I weep with gratitude for the miracle of modern medicine. Without it, we would not have our sweet boy with us. Here are just a few of the miracles that have sustained and supported our Miracle Max:
- Trained doctors, nurses, technicians, & surgeons
- World-class facilities (& helicopters) with high standards
- Feeding tube, breathing tube & ventilator
- Monitoring (Heart rate, oxygen saturation, blood pressure, etc.)
- Drugs (for pain management, sedation, infection, etc.)
- Skin grafts
I try to imagine all the people and passion and trials and error it took to culminate in the miracle of modern medicine. I’m so grateful for this country that incentivizes improvements in technology and care. We are so blessed.
Several times today, I broke down in tears as I felt the prayers of all the people (known and unknown) for my sweet boy.